join us we’re hiring
we’re looking for a few exceptional people to join us.
Open positions listed below include a Freelance Front End Developer, Mid-level Designer and Full-time freelance Senior Designer. Are you interested in working with us? Apply via email, no calls. (No recruiters or staffing agencies please.)
Freelance/Contract Front End Developer
You'll hand code web designs working from files provided in the latest Adobe CC programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- 1-5 years experience, ideally agency experience / working with visual & UX designers.
- Reside in the New York metropolitan area (preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- Working code samples.
Ideas On Purpose, an award-winning strategic design studio, working with clients that span Fortune 50 companies to non profit organizations. We're a small, design focused creative team with big ideas. We have a quiet low-key atmosphere where everyone gets along and we collaborate frequently.
IOP is looking for a talented, passionate and hard-working junior or mid-level designer to join our creative team. IOP, an award-winning strategic design studio, working with both top Fortune 100 companies and a range of non profit organizations. Our work spans the breadth of brand expression to annual reports and social and responsibility reports across media. IOP is focused in three key areas: brand systems, marketing communications, and interactive media. We're a small group of passionate designers who love what we do. Join us.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Generate great design! Develop design solutions based on the creative brief.
- Collaborate with the principals, creative director and senior staff to push your work to be the best it can be.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong portfolio of your work that demonstrates exceptional visual and graphic design skills.
- Top notch typography skills.
- Passion for both interactive and print design.
- 1-3 years graphic design experience (design internships count)
- BFA in graphic design
- Reside in the New York metropolitan area.
- Interactive and print experience
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects)
- Mobile/App experience a plus.
- Motion experience a plus.
As part of a small studio environment you will have the opportunity to contribute to many projects at all stages, and have the ability to participate in the entire process.
Full-time Freelance Senior Designer, with interactive and print experience
We are looking for a talented, content-driven senior designer to work with our creative team. You will be responsible for creation of design solutions across media. Our work spans the breadth of brand expression, from identity to annual and social responsibility reports to web sites and iPad apps. Strong visualization skills, along with a solid understanding of our clients’ business, the capability to simplify complex ideas and communicate them visually with impact, are essential. There is the possibility for this freelance position to become full time.
The ideal candidate will posses the following:
- Strong portfolio demonstrating exceptional conceptual and strategic thinking
- Refined typographic sensibility
- Ability to work across media -- interactive and print
- 4-6 years experience
- BFA in graphic design
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects)
- Mobile/App experience a plus
- Motion experience a plus
- Reside in the New York metropolitan area and work onsite in studio